Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WE HAVE CHICKEN!

RIP Rooser! HELLO Pablo!  Lois came and killed Rooster for me then taught me how to pluck, and dress him.  She said the plucking is always horrible and stinks real bad.  Mine didn't smell much at all.  She said yeah your chickens are clean they don't stink :)  That made me feel good.  She showed me how to dress him out so that I could fry him tonight.  All in all it was pretty easier and quick it wasn't very bad at all.  This is all a learning experience for me. :)  I'm learning that I much prefer fresh chicken! It's definitely healthier! I've been getting average of 2 eggs a day now but should be getting at least 4.  Hopefully the new rooster Pablo will get the other 2 laying again.  :)  He is an Americana (Easter Egger) rooster and he's real real pretty.  He is 8 months old and smaller than Rooster was for sure!  He's also scared of everything which is great! Will keep everyone posted on the chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment